The North Face ‘Out Of Office’ Competition
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter this competition and be eligible to win, you must:
1. Upload an image to Instagram from your recent adventure before Monday April 30th.
2. Caption the image with your own personal ‘Out of Office’ message.
3. Use the hashtag #TNFOutOfOffice.
4. Entries open at 8:00am AEDT on March 29th, 2018 and close at 12:00am AEDT on Monday April 30th (‘Promotional period’).
WINNERS WILL BE CHOSEN BASED ON;
1. Those who display the most passion for the outdoors through their image shared, and the most fun & creativity through their personal ‘Out of Office’ caption of the photo.
2. We want you to write what you have always wanted to type in your Out Of Office auto-reply email, but never quite had the guts to pull the trigger on.
NUMBER OF WINNERS:
Five winners will be chosen at the end of the competition period, based on the above criteria. Each winner will get to choose one item from our Top 10 Multi-Day Essentials list as their prize. See the list here. (https://thenorthface.com.au/blog/top-10-multi-day-hiking-essentials)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Information on how to enter and the prize forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants acknowledge that they have read and understood these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents as of the date of entry, who submit their entry into this promotion in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
3. Employees, managers and directors of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion, and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. Multiple entries are permitted, by uploading multiple images to Instagram using the hashtag #TNFOutOfOffice. The image and caption of the image must be unique to count as a valid entry.
6. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
7. Entries open at 8.00am AEDT on March 29, 2017 and close at 12:00am AEDT on April 30th, 2018 (‘Promotional Period’).
8. Five (5) winners will be chosen on May 1st and notified via the Instagram account that they entered with.
9. The Promoter’s decision on all aspects of this promotion is final, but subject to state and territory legislation, and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Total Value of each prize, can be found on the Top 10 Multi-Day Hiking Essentials list.
11. Five (5) winners will receive:
– 1 item of their choice from the Top 10 Multi-Day Hiking Essentials list on The North Face blog.
12. If for any reason a winner does not redeem their prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, 2 days, then the prize will be forfeited.
13. The prize, in total or any part of is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
14. If a prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
15. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant or any entries in its absolute discretion; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate. For example, the Promoter may disqualify: (a) any entries that tamper with, or attempt to tamper with the entry process; (b) any entries that contain material that is obscene, indecent, objectionable, defamatory, libelous or otherwise contravenes an applicable law or infringes any third party’s rights; (c) any entries that the Promoter considers inappropriate for any reason; (d) any individuals found entering who corrupt or affect, or attempt to corrupt or affect, the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the entry process. The Promoter’s decision in relation to disqualification is final and no correspondence will be entered into, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
16. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
17. Entrants acknowledge that the Internet is not a secure medium and that the Promoter is not responsible for the security of entries.
18. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
19. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including for negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
20. By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent having their image shared on the promoter’s website, and social media channels.
21. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the various social media providers’ user terms and conditions.
22. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any social media provider, including Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to any social media provider. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to any social media provider. Social media providers will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
The Promoter is True Alliance Pty Ltd. ABN: 46 100 525 362
19 O’Riordan Street, Alexandria, NSW 2015, Australia