Lee Cossey is one of the most versatile and accomplished rock climbers in Australia. By the time he was 25, he had already caught the attention of the broader climbing community with impressive free ascents of Freerider, El Nino and Golden Gate in Yosemite.
He has been climbing for over two decades now and remains at the forefront of Australia’s traditional and sport climbing scene. In 2015 he completed the first ascent of Agent of Cool (31) in the Grampians, on of Australia’s hardest all-trad routes.
Lee lives in the Blue Mountains where he continues to climb and works as a physiotherapist specialising in climbing injury management and performance.
• First free ascent of the classic long aid routes Ozymandias, 28 and Lord Gumtree, 28 at Mt Buffalo.
• First ascents of many of Australia’s hardest sport routes including Sneaky Old Fox, 34 at Diamond Falls.
• Ground up free ascents of the classic El Capitan free routes Freerider, 27, El Nino, 30, and Golden Gate, 28 in Yosemite Valley.
• Climbing the infamous 1300m Patagonian route Riders on the Storm, 27, after enduring 15 days of abominable weather on the wall.
• Climbing the English gritstone classics End of the Affair, Gaia both E8 6c.
Stay up-to-date with Lee on Instagram.