Seven-time New Zealand Open Freeski Champion, two-time Canadian Freeski Champion, two-time World Heli Challenge Champion and 2014 Winter Olympian. Janina is one of the top professional female skiers of her generation and is one of the most confident all-round skiers out there. Janina’s achievements in the half pipe and big mountain environment set her apart from any other athlete in the sport of skiing, male or female. She swims against the tide, establishing herself as a world class big mountain athlete years before going on to compete in half pipe at the Sochi Olympics Games, where she placed fifth in the finals.
In her time on the slopes she has starred in numerous ski films but has now set out to produce her own. Her film “East West” reflects on the disappearance of New Zealand’s glaciers as she, Anna Smoothy and Ayako Kuroda cross New Zealand’s Southern Alps over the Main Divide from East to West starting at the Liebigs. Her next film “Peace Mountain” will release in 2020.
• Central Otago NZ Sports Person of the Year – 2016
• First Place – US Grand Prix Champion – 2015
• Second place – Overall FIS World Cup Series – 2015
• Second place – Overall AFP World Tour – 2015
• First place – TNF Freeski Open of NZ (both Big Mountain and Half Pipe) 2014
• Fifth place – Ski half pipe, Sochi Winter Olympics - 2014
• Fifth place – Overall Freeride World Tour (FWT) – 2012
• Seven-time winner of TNF Freeski Open NZ
• Filming with Shades of Winter for their Fall ’15 video release Pure
• Release of her film “East West” – 2019